Does Scholastica integrate with other services?
In order to be a sustainable and fully-realized open-access journal it's important to preserve your published works and ensure that they're discoverable by readers.
To support those goals, Scholastica has built integrations with indexing services like Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), archiving services like Portico, and DOI registration services like Crossref.
You'll first need to have set up an account with the services you'd like to integrate in your Scholastica account. Scholastica cannot create non-Scholastica accounts for you.
Once you have an account, you can integrate it with your journal on Scholastica by following the steps below:
- Navigate to My Journals > Publishing > Publishing Settings and scroll down to Manage Integrations.
- Click Edit under Manage Integrations.
- Click Setup next to the service with which you'd like to set up an integration.
- Enter the required information, like API Key or Username and Password.
- Click Save.
- The integration has been successfully completed when you see the green checkmark labeled "Configured".
- If you ever need to edit or delete an integration in the future, you'll simply click Edit next to the service that you need to change or remove.
If you have any services for which you'd like to request that Scholastica build an integration, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
After connecting your DOAJ account, all future articles will be deposited into DOAJ after each article is published. If you would like to deposit all previously published articles into DOAJ, please contact us and we're happy to help.
If you're applying to be a member of DOAJ and you use Scholastica for publishing, we have a guide here that may be of help as you fill out your application.
After connecting your Portico account, all future articles will be deposited into your Portico account after each article is published. If you would like to deposit all previously published articles into your Portico account, please contact us and we're happy to help.
DOI assignment (Crossref)
Scholastica can automatically create DOIs and deposit the article metadata into Crossref. Some details about how this works:
- The DOI is created and metadata deposited when the article is published, and will generally appear on the article's page on Scholastica within ~20 minutes of publication.
- The DOI format will be your DOI prefix (e.g. "10.1525/"), then "001c." (node used to avoid numbering collision for any DOIs submitted outside Scholastica), and then the unique Scholastica article id (e.g. "10772"). This leads to a DOI that looks like "10.1525/001c.10772". This construction follows Crossref's best practices of keeping the URL short, unique, and not including "any specific or descriptive information in the DOI - that information is included in the metadata".
- This suffix pattern is not customizable at this time. If you want to use a custom suffix pattern, you will need to deposit your metadata directly with Crossref.